Thursday, November 26, 2009

Straight-culrly hair help!?

I have naturally straight hair that gets wavy when it is wet. It looks really cute like that, but it straightens out completely when drying. I want to show off those curls without having to bother with curlers/curling iron. I have already tried blowdrying it when wet, but even that straightens my hair out. I have also tried scrunching/hairspraying my wet hair. Are there any products or techniques out there to get my hair wavy/curly?



Straight-culrly hair help!?

Have you tried using a diffuser attachment on your hairdryer? Wet your hair, and load it up with a curl-defining mousse. Then flip your head upside down and blow dry with the diffuser. It will send out heat but cut the force of the hairdryer. Scrunch hair while you dry it. Once it is about 3/4 dry, flip head upright, spray with a spray gel and dry the rest of the way. Your waves should hold.



Straight-culrly hair help!?

I have the same problem! What I found to work for me is to use a diffuser attachment with your blow dryer. Scrunch your hair with your hands using a light gel while drying it with a diffuser. Hope this helps!



Straight-culrly hair help!?

I have the same hairtype and do the following when i want it to stay curly/wavy. First, try to touch it as little as possible, every time you "scrunch" it pulls on the hair and straightens. After I towel dry my hair, I flip my head over, gather my hair loosely like a pony tail, twist and wrap it around and down and clip with a banana clip. I am just reversing the way all the girls use to wear their hair when the banana clips first came out and the loose part was at top. Now you just do it the opposite as this keeps the curls in the lower part of your hair. I keep it like this to dry or dry it like this with the blow dryer (although this can make it a little frizzy). Hope I explained that well enough, hard to describe.



Straight-culrly hair help!?

first apply curl enhancing cream to damp hair and scrunch to begin creating waves...second blow dry hair 2 inches away to add volume and texture...masssage roots with fingers until your hair is dry...third...wrap random sized sections of hair around the curling iron...curl all the way to the roots hold for five seconds...four let your hair cool for two minutes run your fingers through the curls to break them up...and mist with hairspray



Straight-culrly hair help!?

I have curly hair on top and straight on the bottom. Go figure...



Try Aveda's Be Curly



It is awesome!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish