Sunday, June 20, 2010

My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

I have a bay morgan gelding who has been jumping his fence. He has some bald (not real raw) spots that are about as big around as a golf ball on one of his haunches. Will his hair grow back??? I'm planning on showing him this year but I don't want him to have bald spots! What should I do??? Will the hair grow back at all?? If it does grow back, will it be white??? Any advice would be appreciated!!!



Thanks!



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

I think It will once it's healed



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

there is some medicine you can buy to help it.. try gogling it cause i no there is stuff like that but ive never had to use it



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

my arabian horse, versache, had the same thing happen and her hair grew back nomally in time...try not to rub the spots, except for when brushing. i mean dont rub it raw. it takes long to grow hair back



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

If it is not an on-going injury or too deep of an injury, yes. It should grow back. However, you likely need a higher fence to prevent it from happening again. Also, I would add vitamin e to his diet as a supplement, as vitamin e is good for skin and hair.



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

My mare has gotten these alot from simply rubbing against things. Yes the hair will grow back perfectly fine. You wont even notice.



One time my mare's cheeks were rubbed right down to the skin by her fly mask (i usually loosen it but my friend put it on and didnt loosen it enough) Within 2 weeks, she already had most of her hair back there and now i cant even notice it.



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

The hair should grow back everytime my horse gets a cut or a scrape the hair grows back. Really dont worry about it, the hair wil 99.9% grow back and no it will not grow back white it will grow back the natural hair color of the horses coat.



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

if they are scares no but if they are not then it will grow back



put aloe vera not the hole plant but they sell bottles of aloe vera



and it will grow! it will trust my =]



i had a horse but i gave it away cuzz i was scare of it lmao



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

It will grow back regular. It will take awhile but to speed it up you could use MTG. You can buy it at almost any tack store.



Good Luck!!!!!!!!!



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

Depends how deep it is if it is a really large deep wound it probably wont grow back, however if it is a superficial skin wound it should grow back within a month or two.



Putting Aloe vera gel on the area would help keep it supple and there would be more chance of it growing back. Also keeping some sort of antiseptic cream/solution on it will help.



I agree you need to put him somewhere he can't jump out of.



Hope he gets better soon.



Cheers Sandi



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

The hair will grow back and will grow back the correct colour. Wash the area in hibiscrub and water, rinsing well to ensure there isn't any infection festering in there.



Massage cornucrescine into the area if there is no sore. Do this at least twice a day, watch for a reaction though (common sense). This is usually used to encourage strong horn growth on the hoof but will speed up the growth of hair. I've used it loads.



It is black and sticky but really works. Good luck with the showing.!



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

Hey it should do my friends horse got bitten on the neck a few months back and it has started to grow back the same colour she just wasnt able to show it thats all x



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

YES of course it will grow back because i bought a horse that had been chased into barbwire fences and it didnt take me that long to treat it because i did it every day but after that was healed it grow back and no it doesnt grow back white so i hope this answers your question ;)



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

Try applying Corona ointment to the healed area. You should be able to find it for sale in livestock or feed stores.



Apply a small amount to an old wound on a regular basis.



It can also be rubbed into the coronary band to help hoof growth.



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

It will grow back in time and as long as he hasn't bruised the skin under-neath the hair should be the same colour too



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

i WORK WITH DRESSAGE HORSES. AND ABOUT A YEAR AGO MY BOSS BOUGHT A 15,000 HORSE. IT HAD A 15CM BY 15CM SCAR ON ITS BELLY. HIDEOUS. WE PIERCED VITAMIN E CAPSULES AND PUT THE GEL ON THE SCAR TWICE DAILY. ITS COMPLETELY GONE NOW! AFTER HE STAKED HIMSELF WHEN HE WAS A BABY.



TRY IT IT WORKS.



GOODLUCK.



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

Do not worry his hair will soon grow back keep on grooming the hair he has left though. and make sure you put a blanket on him to keep him warm until his hair grows back!!



My horse injured himself. Will his hair grow back???????

Go to the nearest tack shop or look online for an herbal solution called "Schreiners" or Schreibers". I use it and it guarantees the hair will grow back and grow back it's natural color. I've used it on superficial wounds and deep cuts, it works! It also helps prevent proud flesh from forming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish